Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

NSTA experiences!



Wow...what a day!  I have completely loved learning all about the 3rd edition of FOSS - Full Option Science System.  A few of the changes include:  Smart board Resources, Science Notebooking embedded in the daily lesson plans, daily formative assessments that are focused and on point, outside activities for all investigations, streaming videos that match the curriculum, new revamped science stories with high quality non-fiction, and so much more!  If your district is getting ready to adopt in the coming year (2012) then pay close attention to the new FOSS modules.  I know we are hoping in Virginia to adopt it in many counties!


Here are a few pictures of the event:





Tonight I am going to a VIP event for Seeds of Science with David Pearson.  I am super excited about that!
Oh, and I found the company that I bought the crystal scarecrow from - Educational Innovations.  They had a Christmas tree and a snowman.  I  bought a snowman for later....although, the chance of snow is high tonight in Hartford.


No comments:

Post a Comment