Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Food Webs Posters

We have been working our way through the Ecosystem....our latest concept is Food Webs.  I started by playing a game online using my smart board with the class.  If you haven't played this game and you teach food chains, then you need to check it out!  

http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/content/animals/kidscorner/games/foodchaingame.htm
 

It is engaging, fun and educational!  We were able to see simple chains first, then work our way up to full chains - complete with decomposers.  For my class, it is a review of a concept learned in third grade and a great introduction to the more complicated food web.

After we played the game, I read to them from a Delta Science Module book on Food Chains and Food Webs which explains how energy is transferred.
Then we made food webs posters in groups of three...






I think we are getting the hang of it! Tomorrow's lesson - practicing vocabulary words and their meanings...wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this resource and showing us these food webs -- I am finding your blog so useful, as a pre-service teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your link to the food chain game. Its always great to introduce a new concept to students in the form of a game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, we start this kit in January.

    ReplyDelete