Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Food Webs Posters

We have been working our way through the Ecosystem....our latest concept is Food Webs.  I started by playing a game online using my smart board with the class.  If you haven't played this game and you teach food chains, then you need to check it out!

It is engaging, fun and educational!  We were able to see simple chains first, then work our way up to full chains - complete with decomposers.  For my class, it is a review of a concept learned in third grade and a great introduction to the more complicated food web.

After we played the game, I read to them from a Delta Science Module book on Food Chains and Food Webs which explains how energy is transferred.
Then we made food webs posters in groups of three...

I think we are getting the hang of it! Tomorrow's lesson - practicing vocabulary words and their meanings...wish me luck!


  1. Thank you for this resource and showing us these food webs -- I am finding your blog so useful, as a pre-service teacher!

  2. Thanks for your link to the food chain game. Its always great to introduce a new concept to students in the form of a game.

  3. Thanks for sharing, we start this kit in January.