Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Animal Adaptations

Yesterday I showed you my crayfishes and bess beetles...I will use them to teach the kids many things...such as how to care for living creatures, how to observe a living organism like my favorite scientist Jane Goodall, and how to clean the tank!

FOSS has an excellent lesson using these organisms from the unit Structures of Life...when I get to that unit in my classroom I will blog about it for sure. 

Until then, I would like to inform you that I have a new resource available on Teachers Pay Teachers called "How do animals adapt? structurally and behaviorally?" This is a series of worksheets you can use at a station, center, for morning work, as a Jigsaw cooperative grouping activity or even for homework.  I hope you will check them out! It is available for purchase for just $3. Again...any feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/How-do-animals-adapt-Structurally-and-Behaviorally

Also, yesterday I had set a goal to have at least 100 people download my Mentos Investigation. As of 8:30 we were at 128 downloads!  Wow...so excited.  I can't wait to hear from some of you after you test it out with your students.

One more thing...the new FOSS website is up and running!!! Check it out at www.fossweb.com.
Gotta run...my husband is hard at work fixing drain tiles to avoid another flood if we have any rain/hurricanes in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment