Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Space....time to switch gears!

All summer I have been working on science centers based on animals.  I have created or tweaked ideas using owls, eagles, bears, raccoons, as well as deer.   Now I am ready to switch gears and start getting ready for the school year.  This year I am starting with SPACE! 

Cover PhotoWhy? It is engaging, it is interesting and it is in the NEWS.  Last night, the NASA Curiosity mission made a successful landing of a Mars Rover on Mars.  How cool is that?? Real scientists using real tools to learn something new....Wow...


 Truthfully...I had no idea this was going on.  However, my friends at FOSS put an update on their facebook status.  With a little research, I was able to find out a few things.  Looking for a great clip to show your students about the landing?  Here it is....


Now looking for a fun clip?  Here's one to "Call me Maybe....".  Yes..everyone is doing it!  Even NASA!


And then if you are looking for uptodate and real photographs, you can always check out NASA's website!


This week I will be working on some ideas for science inquiry centers based on the planets and the moon.  Keep checking in...



1 comment:

  1. I thought it was very cool to see and perfect to start the year with! :)

    The Science Penguin

    ReplyDelete